Class or static variables are shared by all objects. Instance or non-static variables are different for different objects (every object has a copy of it).
For example, let a Computer Science Student be represented by class CSStudent. The class may have a static variable whose value is “cse” for all objects. And class may also have non-static members like name and roll.
In C++ and Java, we can use static keyword to make a variable as class variable. The variables which don’t have preceding static keyword are instance variables. See this for Java example and this for C++ example.
The Python approach is simple, it doesn’t require a static keyword. All variables which are assigned a value in class declaration are class variables. And variables which are assigned values inside methods are instance variables.
cse cse Geek Nerd 1 2 cse
This article is contributed by Harshit Gupta. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | Get a google map image of specified location using Google Static Maps API
- Bound, unbound, and static methods in Python
- Global and Local Variables in Python
- Python | Set 2 (Variables, Expressions, Conditions and Functions)
- Python | Extract key-value of dictionary in variables
- Private Variables in Python
- Python | Difference between Pandas.copy() and copying through variables
- Python Variables
- How to assign values to variables in Python and other languages
- Python | Assign multiple variables with list values
- Python program to find number of local variables in a function
- Inserting variables to database table using Python
- How are variables stored in Python - Stack or Heap?
- Python | Unpack whole list into variables
- Python Scope of Variables
- Tracing Tkinter variables in Python
- Python Program to Swap Two Variables
- Python - Construct variables of list elements
- Python - Pearson Correlation Test Between Two Variables
Improved By : rahulpy