Find the smallest palindrome number which is prime too and greater then given number N.
Input : N = 7 Output :11 11 is the smallest palindrome prime which is greater than N. Input : N = 112 Output : 131
An efficient solution is based on below observations. All palindrome with even digits is multiple of 11.
We can prove as follow:
11 % 11 = 0
1111 % 11 = 0
111111 % 11 = 0
11111111 % 11 = 0
1001 % 11 = (1111 – 11 * 10) % 11 = 0
100001 % 11 = (111111 – 1111 * 10) % 11 = 0
10000001 % 11 = (11111111 – 111111 * 10) % 11 = 0
For any palindrome with even digits:
abcddcba % 11
= (a * 10000001 + b * 100001 * 10 + c * 1001 * 100 + d * 11 * 1000) % 11
All palindrome with even digits is multiple of 11.
So among them, 11 is the only one prime
if (8 <= N <= 11) return 11
For other, we consider only palindrome with odd digits.
- Next smallest prime palindrome
- Quick ways to check for Prime and find next Prime in Java
- Find coordinates of a prime number in a Prime Spiral
- Find all palindrome numbers of given digits
- Given a number, find the next smallest palindrome
- Find the player who rearranges the characters to get a palindrome string first
- Sentence Palindrome (Palindrome after removing spaces, dots, .. etc)
- Find minimum number of merge operations to make an array palindrome
- Find index i such that prefix of S1 and suffix of S2 till i form a palindrome when concatenated
- Find the XOR of first N Prime Numbers
- Given a number x , find y such that x*y + 1 is not a prime
- Find two prime numbers with given sum
- Find the prime P using given four integers
- Find if nCr is divisible by the given prime
- Program to find the Nth Prime Number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.