Given an integer N. The task is to find the next prime number i.e. the smallest prime number greater than N.
Input: N = 10
11 is the smallest prime number greater than 10.
Input: N = 0
- First of all, take a boolean variable found and initialise it to false.
- Now, until that variable not equals to true, increment N by 1 in each iteration and check whether it is prime or not.
- If it is prime then print it and change value of found variable to True. otherwise, iterate the loop untill you will get the next prime number.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Program to find the Nth Prime Number
- Find coordinates of a prime number in a Prime Spiral
- Program to find sum of prime numbers between 1 to n
- Program to find Prime Numbers Between given Interval
- Recursive program for prime number
- C Program to Check Whether a Number is Prime or not
- Python program to check whether a number is Prime or not
- Given a number x , find y such that x*y + 1 is not a prime
- Efficient program to print all prime factors of a given number
- C Program for efficiently print all prime factors of a given number
- Java Program for efficiently print all prime factors of a given number
- Find largest prime factor of a number
- Find sum of a number and its maximum prime factor
- Find prime number K in an array such that (A[i] % K) is maximum
- Find the number of primitive roots modulo prime
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.