Given three integers A, B and N the task is to find N Geometric means between A and B. WE basically need to insert N terms in a Geometric progression. where A and B are first and last terms.
Input : A = 2 B = 32 N = 3 Output : 4 8 16 the geometric progression series as 2, 4, 8, 16 , 32 Input : A = 3 B = 81 N = 2 Output : 9 27
Let A1, G2, G3, G4……Gn be N geometric Means between two given numbers A and B . Then A, G1, G2 ….. Gn, B will be in Geometric Progression .
So B = (N+2)th term of the Geometric progression.
Then Here R is the common ratio
B = A*RN+1
RN+1 = B/A
R = (B/A)1/(N+1)
Now we have the value of R
And also we have the value of the first term A
G1 = AR1 = A * (B/A)1/(N+1)
G2 = AR2 = A * (B/A)2/(N+1)
G3 = AR3 = A * (B/A)3/(N+1)
GN = ARN = A * (B/A)N/(N+1)
- Find N Arithmetic Means between A and B
- Find Harmonic mean using Arithmetic mean and Geometric mean
- Geometric Progression
- Geometric mean (Two Methods)
- Program for sum of geometric series
- Sum of Arithmetic Geometric Sequence
- Program to print GP (Geometric Progression)
- Integer part of the geometric mean of the divisors of N
- Number of GP (Geometric Progression) subsequences of size 3
- Number of terms in Geometric Series with given conditions
- Program for N-th term of Geometric Progression series
- Removing a number from array to make it Geometric Progression
- Minimum number of operations to convert a given sequence into a Geometric Progression
- Find value of (1^n + 2^n + 3^n + 4^n ) mod 5
- Find value of (n^1 + n^2 + n^3 + n^4) mod 5 for given n
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.