Given an array of set of points in the X-Y plane. The task is to find the minimum area of a rectangle that can be formed from these points. The sides of the rectangle should be parallel to the X and Y axes. If a rectangle cannot be formed with the given points then print .
Input: arr = [[1, 1], [1, 3], [3, 1], [3, 3], [2, 2]]
The only rectangle possible will be formed with the points (1, 1), (1, 3), (3, 1) and (3, 3)
Input: arr = [[1, 1], [1, 3], [3, 1], [3, 3], [4, 1], [4, 3]]
Approach: Group the points by coordinates, so that points on straight vertical lines are grouped together. Then, for every pair of points in a group, for eg. coordinates (X, Y1) and (X, Y2), we check for the smallest rectangle with this pair of points as the rightmost edge of the rectangle to be formed. We can do this by keeping track of all other pairs of points we’ve visited before. Finally return the minimum possible area of the rectangle obtained.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Find the coordinates of a triangle whose Area = (S / 2)
- Find the percentage change in the area of a Rectangle
- Coordinates of rectangle with given points lie inside
- Ratio of area of a rectangle with the rectangle inscribed in it
- Area and Perimeter of Rectangle in PL/SQL
- Program for Area And Perimeter Of Rectangle
- Maximum area of rectangle possible with given perimeter
- Sum of Area of all possible square inside a rectangle
- Area of the largest Rectangle without a given point
- Rectangle with Maximum Area using Java Pair
- Area of Largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an Ellipse
- Area of largest triangle that can be inscribed within a rectangle
- Number of squares of maximum area in a rectangle
- Area of the biggest ellipse inscribed within a rectangle
- Area of the biggest possible rhombus that can be inscribed in a rectangle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : mohit kumar 29