Given an integer S, the task is to find the coordinates of a triangle whose area is (S / 2).
Input: S = 4
Input: S = 15
- It is know than the area of the triangle whose coordinates are (X1, Y1), (X2, Y2) and (X3, Y3) is given by A = ((X1 * Y2) + (X2 * Y3) + (X3 * Y1) – (X1 * Y3) – (X2 * Y1) – (X3 * Y2)) / 2.
- Now fixing (X1, Y1) to (0, 0) gives A = ((X2 * Y3) – (X3 * Y2)) / 2.
- It is given that A = S / 2 which implies S = (X2 * Y3) – (X3 * Y2).
- Now fix (X2, Y2) to (109, 1) and the equation becomes S = 109 * Y3 – X3 which can be solved by taking an integer value of a variable that given the integer value for the other variable.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
(0, 0) (1000000000, 1) (999999996, 1)
Time Complexity: O(1)
- Find coordinates of the triangle given midpoint of each side
- Program to find the Type of Triangle from the given Coordinates
- Find minimum area of rectangle with given set of coordinates
- Program to find area of a triangle
- Find the altitude and area of an isosceles triangle
- Find area of triangle if two vectors of two adjacent sides are given
- Find all sides of a right angled triangle from given hypotenuse and area | Set 1
- Find the height of a right-angled triangle whose area is X times its base
- Program to find Area of Triangle inscribed in N-sided Regular Polygon
- Check if a right-angled triangle can be formed by moving any one of the coordinates
- Area of Reuleaux Triangle
- Area of Circumcircle of a Right Angled Triangle
- Area of a triangle inside a parallelogram
- Check if right triangle possible from given area and hypotenuse
- Area of Incircle of a Right Angled Triangle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.