Given an integer S, the task is to find the coordinates of a triangle whose area is (S / 2).
Input: S = 4
Input: S = 15
- It is know than the area of the triangle whose coordinates are (X1, Y1), (X2, Y2) and (X3, Y3) is given by A = ((X1 * Y2) + (X2 * Y3) + (X3 * Y1) – (X1 * Y3) – (X2 * Y1) – (X3 * Y2)) / 2.
- Now fixing (X1, Y1) to (0, 0) gives A = ((X2 * Y3) – (X3 * Y2)) / 2.
- It is given that A = S / 2 which implies S = (X2 * Y3) – (X3 * Y2).
- Now fix (X2, Y2) to (109, 1) and the equation becomes S = 109 * Y3 – X3 which can be solved by taking an integer value of a variable that given the integer value for the other variable.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
(0, 0) (1000000000, 1) (999999996, 1)
Time Complexity: O(1)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Program to find the Type of Triangle from the given Coordinates
- Find coordinates of the triangle given midpoint of each side
- Find minimum area of rectangle with given set of coordinates
- Find the height of a right-angled triangle whose area is X times its base
- Check if a right-angled triangle can be formed by the given coordinates
- Check if a right-angled triangle can be formed by moving any one of the coordinates
- Find the original coordinates whose Manhattan distances are given
- Area of the largest rectangle possible from given coordinates
- Find all sides of a right angled triangle from given hypotenuse and area | Set 1
- Program to find area of a triangle
- Find area of triangle if two vectors of two adjacent sides are given
- Program to find Area of Triangle inscribed in N-sided Regular Polygon
- Find the altitude and area of an isosceles triangle
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Find coordinates of a prime number in a Prime Spiral
- Find all possible coordinates of parallelogram
- Find the other-end coordinates of diameter in a circle
- Find whether only two parallel lines contain all coordinates points or not
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle within a Square which is inscribed within a Right angle Triangle
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscribed within a Square inscribed in an equilateral triangle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.