Given a Binary Tree having positive and negative nodes, the task is to find maximum sum level in it.
Input : 4 / \ 2 -5 / \ /\ -1 3 -2 6 Output: 6 Explanation : Sum of all nodes of 0'th level is 4 Sum of all nodes of 1'th level is -3 Sum of all nodes of 0'th level is 6 Hence maximum sum is 6 Input : 1 / \ 2 3 / \ \ 4 5 8 / \ 6 7 Output : 17
This problem is a variation of maximum width problem. The idea is to do level order traversal of tree. While doing traversal, process nodes of different level separately. For every level being processed, compute sum of nodes in the level and keep track of maximum sum.
Maximum level sum is 17
Time Complexity : O(n)
Auxiliary Space : O(n)
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra ( Gullu ). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Find Maximum Level Sum in Binary Tree using Recursion
- Find the maximum node at a given level in a binary tree
- Find maximum level product in Binary Tree
- Queries to find the maximum Xor value between X and the nodes of a given level of a perfect binary tree
- Find if given vertical level of binary tree is sorted or not
- Find the numbers present at Kth level of a Fibonacci Binary Tree
- Difference between sums of odd level and even level nodes of a Binary Tree
- Find maximum among all right nodes in Binary Tree
- Find the maximum GCD of the siblings of a Binary Tree
- Find maximum (or minimum) in Binary Tree
- Find maximum vertical sum in binary tree
- Given level order traversal of a Binary Tree, check if the Tree is a Min-Heap
- Find the node with maximum value in a Binary Search Tree
- Find the maximum path sum between two leaves of a binary tree
- Find the node with maximum value in a Binary Search Tree using recursion