Given a value X, the task is to find the number Y which will give maximum value possible when XOR with X.
(Assume X to be 8 bits) Maximum possible value of X and Y both is 255.
Input: X = 2 Output: 253 Binary Representation of X = 00000010 Binary Representation of Y = 11111101 Maximum XOR value: 11111111 Input: X = 200 Output: 55
Approach: In order to ensure maximum value of XOR, we need to set all those bits ON which are OFF in X. So for that, Y should have all bits ON which are OFF in X and OFF which are ON in X as (0^1 = 1 and 1^0 = 1). So Y should be the 1’s complement representation of X.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Required Number is : 251
- Find the maximum subset XOR of a given set
- Find the node whose xor with x gives maximum value
- Find a sub matrix with maximum XOR
- Find triplets in an array whose AND is maximum
- Find Maximum XOR value of a sub-array of size k
- Find the maximum subarray XOR in a given array
- Find maximum xor of k elements in an array
- Find element with the maximum set bits in an array
- Find maximum XOR of given integer in a stream of integers
- Find the root of the sub-tree whose weighted sum XOR with X is maximum
- Find a number which give minimum sum when XOR with every number of array of integers
- Remove one bit from a binary number to get maximum value
- Number whose sum of XOR with given array range is maximum
- Queries to find the maximum Xor value between X and the nodes of a given level of a perfect binary tree
- Maximum sum by adding numbers with same number of set bits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.