FactSet Interview Experience 2021
FactSet recently visited our college for campus recruitments. There were four rounds: a written round, two technical rounds, and a directorial round. The written and technical rounds were conducted on the HackerRank platform and the Directorial round was on MS Teams.
Round 1: The written round had four questions.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Two coding questions, one SQL query, and a Java programming question.
- One of the coding questions was on strings and the other one was related to 0/1 Knapsack.
- I was able to complete both of them plus the SQL query.
- After this round, nine students were shortlisted for the next round.
- The results of the first round were declared on that day itself and the next rounds were scheduled after two days.
Round 2 (Technical Interview 1): The technical interviews were predominantly based on coding questions and lasted for one hour each. Each of the two rounds had 3 coding questions. The questions were common for all the candidates. The interviewers were friendly and supportive and if you are stuck somewhere, they were also happy to offer some tips. The questions in this round were:
I was able to optimally solve 2 of them and partially solve one. After this round, five candidates were selected for the next round.
Round 3(Technical Interview 2): This round also had three questions similar to the first technical round.
- The third question was based on binary search.
I was able to solve all the questions optimally and also determine the time and space complexities of my solutions. The interviewer also asked some variations of the questions and I was able to solve those as well. All of the five students were able to clear this round.
Round 4(Directorial Round): This round was taken by one of the directors of the company.
- The questions in this round were like the HR rounds.
- The interviewer asked about my family background, my areas of interest, my goals, what technologies I would like to work on, and so on.
- Lastly, he asked if I had any questions for him. Some of my friends were also asked database-related questions in this round.
After the final round, all of the five students were selected and I was one of them.
If you are preparing for FactSet, my advice would be to focus more on the problem-solving aspects and DSA skills. Solving questions on sites like GeeksforGeeks is really helpful.