The following are some different types of error which may come when you are working with firebase storage.
Firebase Storage: It is a product of Google which helps developers to build, manage, and grow their apps easily. It provides cloud storage, and it uses NoSQL for the database for the storage of data. We can use this platform to manage or store media generated by mobile app users and web users.
Error: It is an illegal operation performed by the user which results in the abnormal working of the program.
Types of Errors in Firebase Storage:
- Unknown error
- Object-not-found Error
- Bucket-not-found error
- Project-not-found error
- Quota-exceeded error
- Unauthenticated error
- Unauthorized error
- Retry-limit-exceeded error
- Invalid-checksum error
- Canceled error
- Invalid-event-name error
- Invalid-URL error
- Invalid-argument error
- No-default-bucket error
- Cannot-slice-blob error
- Server-file-wrong-size error
Below all the errors brief description are described:
1. Unknown Error: When an unknown error occurs in your project it will show up the message ‘An unknown error occurred’.
2. Object-not-found Error: It occurs when the user passes the wrong reference into the project. It will show up the message that ‘No object exists at the desired reference’.
3. Bucket-not-found Error: It occurs when no bucket is configured for the cloud storage. This will show the message that ‘No bucket is configured for Cloud Storage’.
4. Project-not-found Error: This error occurs when no project is configured for Cloud Storage.
5. Quota-exceeded Error: This error occurs when the storage quota is exceeded by the users. This will show up a message i.e. ‘Quota on your Cloud Storage bucket has been exceeded. If you’re on the free tier, upgrade to a paid plan. If you’re on a paid plan, reach out to Firebase support’.
6. Unauthenticated Error: This error occurs when the user is not authenticated. This will show an error message i.e. ‘User is unauthenticated’.
7. Unauthorized Error: This error occurs when the user is unauthorized to perform the operation. This will show an error message i.e. ‘User is not authorized to perform the desired action’.
8. Retry-limit-exceeded Error: This error occurs when the maximum time limit on an operation (upload, download, delete, etc.) has been exceeded.
9. Invalid-checksum Error: This error occurs when the file on the client does not match the checksum of the file received by the server.
10. Canceled Error: This error occurs when the operation (upload, download, delete, etc.) is canceled by the user.
11. Invalid-event-name Error: This error occurs when the invalid event name provided to the user.
12. Invalid-URL Error: This error occurs when the user mistakenly provides the Invalid URL to refFromURL().
13. Invalid-argument Error: This error occurs when the user passed the invalid argument to put().
14. No-default-bucket Error: This error occurs when there is no default bucket set in your config’s storageBucket property.
15. Cannot-slice-blob Error: This error commonly occurs when the local file has changed (deleted, saved again, etc.)
16. Server-file-wrong-size Error: This error occurs when the file on the client does not match the size of the file received by the server.