Given an integer N. The task is to count the numbers of pairs of integers A and B such that A + B + N = A ^ B ^ N and A and B are less than N.
Input: N = 2
For N = 2
2 XOR 0 XOR 0 = 2+0+0
2 XOR 0 XOR 1 = 2+0+1
2 XOR 0 XOR 2 != 2+0+2
2 XOR 1 XOR 0 = 2+1+0
2 XOR 1 XOR 1 != 2+1+1
2 XOR 1 XOR 2 != 2+1+2
2 XOR 2 XOR 0 != 2+2+0
2 XOR 2 XOR 1 != 2+2+1
2 XOR 2 XOR 2 != 2+2+2
So (0, 0), (0, 1) and (1, 0) are the required pairs. So the output is 3.
Input: N = 4
To make the sum of three numbers equal to the xor of three number with one of the number given we can do following:-
- Represent the fixed number in binary form.
- Traverse the binary expansion of the fixed number.
- If you find a 1 there is only one condition i.e. you take the other two number’s binary bits as 0 and 0.
- If you find a 0 there will be three conditions i.e. either you can have binary bits as (0, 0), (1, 0)
or (0, 1).
- The following above triplets of bits will never go for a carry so they are valid.
- So the answer will be 3^(number of zeros in binary representation).
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(Number of unset_bits)
- Find three element from given three arrays such that their sum is X | Set 2
- Number of quadruples where the first three terms are in AP and last three terms are in GP
- Count numbers whose sum with x is equal to XOR with x
- Equal Sum and XOR
- Check if Sum and XOR of all elements of array is equal
- XOR of two numbers after making length of their binary representations equal
- Count numbers whose difference with N is equal to XOR with N
- Count numbers whose XOR with N is equal to OR with N
- Count ways to generate pairs having Bitwise XOR and Bitwise AND equal to X and Y respectively
- Given a set, find XOR of the XOR's of all subsets.
- Find XOR of two number without using XOR operator
- Choose X such that (A xor X) + (B xor X) is minimized
- Absolute difference between the XOR of Non-Prime numbers and Prime numbers of an Array
- Count subarrays with sum equal to its XOR value
- Maximum sum of Bitwise XOR of all elements of two equal length subsets
- Minimum insertions to make XOR of an Array equal to half of its sum
- Find three integers less than or equal to N such that their LCM is maximum
- Find a number X such that (X XOR A) is minimum and the count of set bits in X and B are equal
- Count ordered pairs of positive numbers such that their sum is S and XOR is K
- Find two numbers from their sum and XOR
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.