There is a basic way to add shadow effect on images but that effect will behave like the image is square, so there is another way to do the shadow which is basically applied on PNG images. The normal shadow effect will always put a square image shadow for the image which can be squared or cannot be squared but the shadow will be always square. filter:drop-shadow(); and text-shadow(); property is more eye pleasant compare to box-shadow:() property.
Example 1: This example uses filter: drop-shadow() property to add shadow effect on pngimage.
Example 2: This example differentiate between filter:drop-shadow();, text-shadow(); and box-shadow:(); property.
- How to create long shadow of text without using text-shadow in HTML and CSS ?
- How to change color of PNG image using CSS?
- CSS | drop-shadow() Function
- How to style icon color, size, and shadow by using CSS ?
- How to add a box-shadow on one side of an element using CSS?
- Create a Glowing text shadow using HTML and CSS
- How to add shadow to text using CSS ?
- How to apply colored shadow and border properties to a grayscale image?
- PNG Full Form
- CSS | Shadow Effect
- CSS | box-shadow Property
- CSS | text-shadow Property
- Materialize CSS - Pulse and Shadow
- How to create a drag and drop feature for reordering the images using HTML CSS and jQueryUI ?
- Create a Drop Caps Effect using CSS
- Convert an image into grayscale image using HTML/CSS
- How to add shadow to a canvas circle using Fabric.js ?
- How to do box shadow with progress bar style using bootstrap?
- Fabric.js | Text shadow Property
- Fabric.js | Ellipse shadow Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.