There is a basic way to add shadow effect on images but that effect will behave like the image is square, so there is another way to do the shadow which is basically applied on PNG images. The normal shadow effect will always put a square image shadow for the image which can be squared or cannot be squared but the shadow will be always square. filter:drop-shadow(); and text-shadow(); property is more eye pleasant compare to box-shadow:() property.
Example 1: This example uses filter: drop-shadow() property to add shadow effect on pngimage.
Example 2: This example differentiate between filter:drop-shadow();, text-shadow(); and box-shadow:(); property.
- CSS | drop-shadow() Function
- CSS | Shadow Effect
- CSS | box-shadow Property
- How to add a box-shadow on one side of an element using CSS?
- CSS | text-shadow Property
- How to do box shadow with progress bar style using bootstrap?
- How to style icon color, size, and shadow by using CSS ?
- p5.js | drop() Function
- HTML | Drag and Drop
- Convert an image into grayscale image using HTML/CSS
- How to generate a drop down list of timezone using PHP ?
- How to drop one or multiple columns in Pandas Dataframe
- How to select first element in the drop-down list using jQuery ?
- How to change selected value of a drop-down list using jQuery?
- How to get selected text from a drop-down list using jQuery?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.