White Box Testing: White Box Testing is a type of Software Testing in which the internal structure, design and implementation of the software application that is being tested is fully known to the tester.
Gray Box Testing: Gray Box Testing is a software testing technique which is a combination of Black Box Testing technique and White Box Testing technique. The internal structure, design and implementation is partially known in Gray Box Testing.
Differences between White Box Testing and Gray Box Testing:
|White Box Testing||Gray Box Testing|
|It is a type of software testing in which the internal structure and design of the software application is fully known to the tester.||It is a type of software testing in which the internal structure and design of the software application is partially known to the tester.|
|It is also known as clear box testing or transparent testing.||It is known as translucent testing.|
|It is performed by testers and developers.||It is performed by end users, testers and developers.|
|Full knowledge of the implementation is required.||Small knowledge of the implementation is enough.|
|High programming skills are required to perform white box testing.||basic programming skills are enough to perform this testing.|
|It is a time consuming testing.||It is a less time consuming testing.|
|It is used for algorithm testing.||It is not used in algorithm testing.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Types of Software Testing
- Software Testing | Basics
- Beta Testing | Software Testing
- Pairwise Software Testing
- Benefits of Automated Cross-Browser Testing for Online Business
- Software Engineering | Black box testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Localization Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between Coupling and Cohesion
- Software Engineering | Testing Guidelines
- Software Engineering | White box Testing
- Software Engineering | Seven Principles of software testing
- Software Testing | Endurance Testing
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Software Testing | Dynamic Testing
- Software Engineering | Integration Testing
- Software Testing | Accessibility Testing
- Differences between Black Box Testing vs White Box Testing
- Software Engineering | Regression Testing
- Myths about Software Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.