Prerequisite – Computer Network | Multiple Access Protocols
Aloha is the type of Random access protocol, It have two types one is Pure Aloha and another is Slotted Aloha.
In Pure Aloha, Stations transmit whenever data is available at arbitrary times and Colliding frames are destroyed. While In Slotted aloha, A station is required to wait for the beginning of the next slot to transmit. vulnerable period is halved as opposed to pure Aloha.
Now, we shall see the difference between these Protocols:
|S.NO||Pure Aloha||Slotted Aloha|
|1.||In this aloha, any station can transmit the data at any time.||In this, any station can transmit the data at the beginning of any time slot.|
|2.||In this, The time is continuous and not globally synchronized.||In this, The time is discrete and globally synchronized.|
|3.||Vulnerable time for pure aloha
= 2 x Tt
|Vulnerable time for Slotted aloha
|4.||In Pure Aloha, Probability of successful transmission of data packet
= G x e-2G
|In Slotted Aloha, Probability of successful transmission of data packet
= G x e-G
|5.||In pure aloha, Maximum efficiency
|In slotted aloha, Maximum efficiency
|6.||Pure aloha doesn’t reduces the number of collisions to half.||Slotted aloha reduces the number of collisions to half and doubles the efficiency of pure aloha.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Differences between TCP and UDP
- Differences between JDK, JRE and JVM
- What are the differences between C and Embedded C?
- Differences between Web Services and Web API
- Differences between Testing and Debugging
- Differences between Data paths
- What are the differences between HTTP, FTP, and SMTP?
- Differences between IPv4 and IPv6
- Differences Between Excel and Tableau
- Differences between RIPv1 and RIPv2
- Differences between Bootstrap and JQuery UI
- Similarities and Differences between Ruby and C++
- Differences between POP3 and IMAP
- Differences Between MATLAB and R Programming Language
- Differences between Django and Ruby On Rails
- Differences between Associative and Cache Memory
- Differences between RGB and CMYK color schemes
- Differences between Synthesized and Inherited Attributes
- Differences between Interface and Class in Java
- Differences between Intradomain and Interdomain Routing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.