UTP is the type of twisted pair cable. It stands for Unshielded twisted pair. Both Data and voice both are transmitted through UTP because its frequency range is suitable. In UTP grounding cable is not necessary also in UTP much more maintenance are not needed therefore it is cost effective.
STP is also the type of twisted pair which stands for Shielded twisted pair. In STP grounding cable is required but in UTP grounding cable is not required. in Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) much more maintenance are needed therefore it is costlier than Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP).
Difference between Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) and Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) cables:
|1.||UTP stands for Unshielded twisted pair.||STP stands for Shielded twisted pair.|
|2.||In UTP grounding cable is not necessary.||While in STP grounding cable is required.|
|3.||Data rate in UTP is slow compared to STP.||Data rate in STP is high.|
|4.||The cost of UTP is less.||While STP is costlier than UTP.|
|5.||In UTP much more maintenance are not needed.||While in STP much more maintenance are needed.|
|6.||In UTP noise is high compared to STP.||While in STP noise is less.|
|7.||In UTP the generation of crosstalk is also high compared to STP.||While in STP generation of crosstalk is also less.|
|8.||In UTP, attenuation is high in comparison to STP.||While in STP attenuation is low.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- What is UTP(Unshielded Twisted Pair)?
- What is STP(Shielded Twisted Pair)?
- Difference between Twisted Pair Cable and Optical Fiber Cable
- Difference between Coaxial Cable and Twisted Pair Cable
- Difference between Twisted pair cable, Co-axial cable and Optical fiber cable
- Difference between Straight Ring Counter and Twisted Ring Counter
- Difference between Pair Programming and Peer Reviews
- Difference between PIP and HLP
- Difference between PIP and PCP
- Difference between WCF and Web API
- Difference between LAN and MAN
- Difference between URL and URI
- Difference Between SMO and SEO
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference between RPC and RMI
- Difference between IoT and M2M
- Difference between DDR 5 and DDR 3
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
- Difference between DFA and NFA
- Difference Between Gi-Fi and Li-Fi
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378