UTP is the type of twisted pair cable. It stands for Unshielded twisted pair. Both Data and voice both are transmitted through UTP because its frequency range is suitable. In UTP grounding cable is not necessary also in UTP much more maintenance are not needed therefore it is cost effective.
STP is also the type of twisted pair which stands for Shielded twisted pair. In STP grounding cable is required but in UTP grounding cable is not required. in Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) much more maintenance are needed therefore it is costlier than Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP).
Difference between Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) and Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) cables:
|1.||UTP stands for Unshielded twisted pair.||STP stands for Shielded twisted pair.|
|2.||In UTP grounding cable is not necessary.||While in STP grounding cable is required.|
|3.||Data rate in UTP is slow compared to STP.||Data rate in STP is high.|
|4.||The cost of UTP is less.||While STP is costlier than UTP.|
|5.||In UTP much more maintenance are not needed.||While in STP much more maintenance are needed.|
|6.||In UTP noise is high compared to STP.||While in STP noise is less.|
|7.||In UTP the generation of crosstalk is also high compared to STP.||While in STP generation of crosstalk is also less.|
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference Between BFS and DFS
- Difference between RPC and RMI
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- Difference between Blu-ray and DVD
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference between CPU and GPU
- Difference between PNG and GIF
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.