1. Transbase :
It is a resource-optimized, high-performance, universally applicable RDBMS, developed and maintained by Transaction Software GmbH, Munich. It is a relational database management system that supports all important functions of the SQL standard. The database of Transbase is extensible via additional functions and custom data types also provide parallel execution of queries via dynamic multithreading technology.
2. Weaviate :
It is an open-source GraphQL-based Smart Graph with the core features: semantic search, automatic classification, and knowledge representation. The primary database model is the Search Engine and the secondary database model is Graph DBMS. It allows our data to represent in a large graph format based on the GraphQL query language. It is a search graph based on a graph embedding mechanism called the Contextionary.
Difference between Transbase and Weaviate :
|1.||It was developed by Transaction Software GmbH and initially released in 1987.||It was developed by SeMI Technologies B.V. and initially released in 2017.|
|2.||Current release was in September 2019.||Current release was in January 2020.|
|3.||FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows, are the server, operating systems of Transbase.||No such server operating systems in Weaviate.|
|4.||Primary database model is Relational DBMS.||Primary database model is Search Engine.|
|5.||There is an absence of secondary database model in Transbase.||Secondary database model of Weaviate is Graph DBMS.|
|7.||ADO.NET, JDBC, ODBC, Proprietary native API are the APIs and other access methods of Transbase.||GraphQL query language and RESTful HTTP/JSON API are the APIs and other access methods of Weaviate.|
|8.||Transbase has data schema.||Weaviate data scheme is based on maps to GraphQL interface.|
|9.||Implementation languages of Transbase are C and C++.||Implementation language of Weaviate is Go.|
|10.||Transbase has transaction concepts.||There is an absence of transaction concepts in Weaviate.|
|11.||Replication method of Transbase is Master-Slave Replication.||Replication methods of Weaviate are Master-Master Replication and Master-Slave Replication.|
|12.||Transbase holds Immediate Consistency concept.||Weaviate holds Eventual Consistency concept.|
|13.||Transbase supports the concept of Foreign keys.||Weaviate does not support the concept of Foreign keys.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Weaviate and WakandaDB
- Difference between Weaviate and Warp 10
- Difference between Weaviate and XAP
- Difference between Weaviate and Yanza
- Difference between Valentina Server and Weaviate
- Difference between Trafodion and Weaviate
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and Weaviate
- Difference between VelocityDB and Weaviate
- Difference between Weaviate and VoltDB
- Difference between Transbase and Virtuoso
- Difference between Transbase and VoltDB
- Difference between Transbase and WakandaDB
- Difference between Transbase and Yanza
- Difference between Transbase and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Transbase and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and XAP
- Difference between Transbase and Yaacomo
- Difference between Trafodion and Transbase
- Difference between Transbase and Vertica
- Difference between Transbase and VelocityDB
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.