Difference between MANET and VANET
MANET consists of number of mobile devices that are connected together to form a network, without any support from an existing internet infrastructure or any other fixed network station. It is autonomous system of nodes connected by wireless links. In MANET the network topology may change dynamically in an unpredictable manner since there is no fixed infrastructure and the nodes are free to move, but each node have limited transmitting power. MANET’s are basically peer-to-peer, multi-hop wireless network in which packets are transmitted in store.
Uses of MANETs :
- Military Operations: MANETs can be used for secure communication and coordination between soldiers in the field.
- Emergency Response: MANETs can be set up quickly in disaster or emergency situations to provide communication networks for rescue and relief operations.
- Conferences and Events: MANETs can be used to provide temporary network connectivity for attendees at conferences, trade shows, and other events.
- Rural and Remote Areas: MANETs can be used to provide connectivity in rural and remote areas where traditional communication infrastructure is scarce.
- Transportation: MANETs can be used in transportation systems, such as buses, trains, and airplanes, to provide passengers with network connectivity while in transit.
- Healthcare: MANETs can be used in healthcare facilities, such as hospitals and clinics, to provide secure and reliable communication between medical staff.
Overall, MANETs can provide quick, flexible, and reliable network connectivity in a variety of situations where traditional communication infrastructure may be unavailable or insufficient.
2. Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET) :
VANET is similar to MANET in terms, that is also do not need any infrastructure for data transmission. VANET play important role in aspect of safe driving, intelligent navigation, emergency and entertainment applications .It can be defined as an intelligent component of transport system as vehicle are able to communicate with each other as well as roadside base station, which are located at critical points of the road. Example :-Intersection and Construction Sites.
Uses of VANETs :
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS): VANETs can be used to enhance traffic flow, reduce congestion, and improve road safety by enabling communication between vehicles and with road-side infrastructure.
- Navigation and Location-Based Services: VANETs can provide real-time traffic and navigation information to drivers, allowing them to make informed decisions and avoid congestion.
- Emergency Services: VANETs can be used to quickly and efficiently relay emergency messages, such as accidents and road closures, to other vehicles and to emergency services.
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) Communication: VANETs can facilitate communication between vehicles and with road-side infrastructure, allowing for a wide range of applications, such as cooperative driving and platooning.
- Entertainment and Infotainment Services: VANETs can provide entertainment and information services, such as streaming music and video, to passengers in vehicles.
Overall, VANETs can enhance the driving experience, improve road safety, and support a wide range of intelligent transportation applications.
Difference between MANET and VANET :
|Production cost of MANET is cheap as compared to VANET
|Mobility of MANET is low as it make bit difficult for network enables the serving networks to locate a mobile subscriber’s point.
|High Mobility, as serving networks to locate a mobile subscriber’s point is easy.
|Change in network topology orientation is slow.
|Frequent and very fast change of network topology,
|Sparse node density.
|Node density is frequent variables.
|MANET HAVE 100 Kps bandwidth available.
|VANET bandwidth is 1000 Kps.
|It ranges Upto 100 m.
|500 m range available in VANET.
|MANET node lifetime depends on power resources.
|Depend on lifetime vehicle.
|MANET have medium reliability.
|High reliability of VANET.
|Movement of the nodes affects the operation of a MANET as node movement MANETs need to rely on robust routing protocols.And this MANET have random node movement.
|Regular, moving pattern of nodes.
|Attribute Based addressing scheme.
|Location Bases addressing scheme.
|Position acquisition is obtained using Ultrasonic.
|VANET maintain position acquisition by using GPS, RADAR.
|Availability of Multi-hop Routing
|Weakly available Multi-hop Routing.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...