Firewall is the specified version of router. In this all data packets are entering or leaving the network pass through firewall and after examine firewall decide whether to allow or not.In firewall all traffic must pass through it and only authorized traffic should be allow to pass. Firewall should be strong.
Antivirus is an application or software which provides security from the malicious software coming from the internet. An antivirus chases the method in which it performs 3 actions which are:
Antivirus deals with both external threats and internal threats. It is implemented only software not in hardware also.
Difference between Firewall and Antivirus:
|1.||Firewall is implemented in both hardware and software.||Antivirus is implemented in software only.|
|2.||Firewall deals with external threats only.||Antivirus deals with both external threats and internal threats.|
|3.||In firewall counter attacks are possible such as IP Spoofing and routing attacks.||In antivirus no counter attacks are possible after removing the malware.>|
|4.||Firewall works on monitoring and filtering.||Antivirus works on Scanning of infected files and software.|
|5.||Firewall checks the threat from incoming packets.||Antivirus checks the threat from malicious software.|
|6.||Firewall saves the system from all kinds of threats to the system.||Antivirus saves the system only from viruses.|
|7.||Firewall’s programming is complex than antivirus.||Antivirus’s programming is simpler as comparison to firewall.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Traditional Firewall and Next Generation Firewall
- Difference between Hardware Firewall and Software Firewall
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Difference between Antivirus and Antimalware
- Difference between Endpoint Security and Antivirus Software
- Difference between Antivirus and Antispyware
- Difference between Router and Firewall
- Difference between Firewall and Proxy Server
- Types of firewall and possible attacks
- Introduction of Firewall in Computer Network
- Zone-based firewall
- Firewall methodologies
- Zone-based firewall Configuration
- How to setup firewall in Linux?
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : pp_pankaj