1. Data Privacy :
Data Privacy is also called as Information Privacy in which proper handling, processing, storage and usage of personal information takes place. In this case the priority is given to the rights of an individual.
Data Privacy typically concerned with ensuring the data any given corporation processes, stores, or transmits is ingested compliantly and with consent from the holder of that sensitive data.
2. Data Security :
Data Security is based upon securing or protecting personal data from any unauthorized third party access or exploitation of data. In this case the data is accurate, reliable and user friendly also.
Data security is related with securing sensitive data. You don’t have to be an IT expert, auditor, or security analyst to figure out. Where data privacy and security begin to vary is in whom or what they are protecting data from.
Difference between Data Privacy and Data Security :
|S.No.||Data Privacy||Data Security|
|1||Data Privacy is all about the reflection of what data is important and why.||Data Security is all about the reflection of how those policies got enforced.|
|2||Data privacy sets about proper usage, collection, retention, deletion, and storage of data.||Data security sets the policies, methods, and means to secure personal data.|
|3||Data security gives prerequisite to data privacy.||Data security is the main prerequisite to data privacy.|
|4||It offers to block websites, internet browsers, cable companies, and internet service providers from tracking your information and your browser history.||It offers to protect you from other people accessing your personal information and other data.|
|5||Data Privacy basically governs how data is collected, shared and used.||Data Security basically protects data from compromise by external attackers and malicious insiders.|
|6||Data privacy tools include browser extensions and add-on, password managers, private browsers and email services, encrypted messaging, private search engines, web proxies, file encryption software, and ad and tracker blockers.||Data Security tools involve with identity and access management, data loss prevention, anti-malware, anti-virus, event management and data masking software.|
|7||It doesn’t include the encryption format.||It includes the encryption and breach response.|
|8||For e.g. The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation is an type of international standard for protecting the privacy of EU citizens.||For e.g. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is a set of rules which protect the sensitive payment card information and cardholder data.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Data Privacy and Data Protection
- Difference between Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Data Analyst
- Data Security
- Privacy and Security in online social media
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Visualization and Data Analytics
- Difference between Data Scientist and Data Engineer
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Analysis
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Engineering
- Difference between data type and data structure
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Difference between Data Lake and Data Warehouse
- Difference between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist
- Difference between Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Difference between Data Warehouse and Data Mart
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Mining
- General Data-centric Security Mechanisms
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Warehouse
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Mining
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.