1. Couchbase :
Couchbase Server is an open-source, distributed multi-model NoSQL document-oriented database software package that is optimized for interactive applications. It is also known as Membase. It was developed by Couchbase, Inc. and initially released on August 2010.
2. MariaDB :
MariaDB is an open source relational database management system (RDBMS) that is a compatible drop-in replacement for the widely used MySQL database technology. It is developed by MariaDB Foundation and initially released on 29 October 2009. MariaDB has a significantly high number of new features, which makes it better in terms of performance and user-orientation than MySQL.
Difference between Couchbase and MariaDB :
|1.||Developed by Couchbase, Inc. and initially released on August 2010.||Developed by MariaDB Foundation and initially released on 29 October 2009.|
|2.||Couchbase is written in C++, Erlang, C and Go languages.||MariaDB is written in C, C++, Perl and Bash languages.|
|3.||The primary database model for Couchbase is Document Store.||The primary database model for MariaDB is Relational DBMS.|
|4.||The secondary database model for Couchbase is key-value store.||The secondary database model MariaDB is Document Store and Graph DBMS.|
|5.||Couchbase supports Map Reduce method.||MariaDB does not supports Map Reduce method.|
|6.||There is no Foreign Keys in Couchbase and hence no Referential Integrity.||MariaDB provides the concept of Referential Integrity and have Foreign keys.|
|7.||Couchbase is Data Schema free.||In MariaDB the data schema supports dynamic columns.|
|8.||Couchbase only supports Declarative query language (N1QL) that extends ANSI SQL to JSON.||MariaDB has many queries similar and the working is also similar to SQL i.e it supports SQL.|
|9.||Server operating systems for Couchbase are Linux, OS X and Windows.||Server operating systems for MariaDB are FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris, Windows.|
|10.||Famous companies like Lockwood Publishing, Code Weavers, MSLGROUP, The Doyle Group, etc uses Couchbase.||Famous companies like CUNY, Accenture, Docplanner, Grooveshark, Northrop Grumman, uses MariaDB.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Couchbase and IBM Db2
- Difference between Neo4j and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and MySQL
- Difference between Couchbase and Redis
- Difference between PouchDB and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and MS SQL Server
- Difference between SQLite and Couchbase
- Difference between Cassandra and Couchbase
- Difference between RDBMS and Couchbase
- Difference between Oracle and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and CouchDB
- Difference between Adabas and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and PostgreSQL
- Difference between MariaDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between Hadoop and MariaDB
- Difference between SQLite and MariaDB
- Difference between CouchDB and MariaDB
- Difference between Cassandra and MariaDB
- Difference between MariaDB and MS SQL Server
- Difference between MariaDB and PostgreSQL
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.