1. Couchbase :
Couchbase Server is an open-source, distributed multi-model NoSQL document-oriented database software package that is optimized for interactive applications. It is also known as Membase. It was developed by Couchbase, Inc. and initially released on August 2010.
2. MySQL :
MySQL is an open-source relational database management system(RDBMS) based on Structured Query Language (SQL). It is developed and managed by oracle corporation and initially released on 23 may, 1995. It is widely being used in many small and large scale industrial applications and capable of handling a large volume of data.
Difference between Couchbase MySQL :
|1.||Developed by Couchbase, Inc. and initially released on August 2010.||Developed by Oracle and released on May 1995.|
|2.||Couchbase is written in C++, Erlang, C and Go languages.||MySQL is written in C and C++.|
|3.||The primary database model for Couchbase is Document Store.||The primary database model for MySQL is Relational DBMS.|
|4.||The secondary database model for Couchbase is key-value store.||The secondary database model MySQl is Document Store.|
|5.||Couchbase is Data Schema free.||In MySQL Data Schema is fixed.|
|6.||Couchbase provides Eventual Consistency and Immediate Consistency methods to ensure consistency in a distributed system.||MySQL only provides Immediate Consistency method to ensure consistency in a distributed system.|
|7.||Couchbase does not provides the concept of Referential Integrity. Hence, no Foreign Keys.||MySQL provides the concept of Referential Integrity and have Foreign keys.|
|8.||Couchbase supports Map Reduce method.||MySQL does not supports Map Reduce method.|
|9.||Server operating systems for Couchbase are Linux, OS X and Windows.||Server operating systems for MySQL are FreeBSD, Linux, OS X, Solaris, Windows.|
|10.||Famous companies like Oxylabs, Kaidee, Immowelt AG, Trendyol Group, etc uses Couchbase.||Famous companies like Airbnb, Pinterest, Slack, Udemy, Twitter, etc uses MySQL.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between PouchDB and Couchbase
- Difference between Cassandra and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and MariaDB
- Difference between Couchbase and MS SQL Server
- Difference between Couchbase and CouchDB
- Difference between Couchbase and PostgreSQL
- Difference between SQLite and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and IBM Db2
- Difference between RDBMS and Couchbase
- Difference between Oracle and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and Redis
- Difference between Adabas and Couchbase
- Difference between Neo4j and Couchbase
- Introduction to Couchbase
- Couchbase Installation
- MySQL | Common MySQL Queries
- Difference between MySQL and MS SQL Server
- Difference between MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Difference between MySQL and SQLite
- Difference Between MySQL and MariaDB
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.