1. PouchDB :
2. Couchbase :
Couchbase Server is an open-source, distributed, JSON document database that is enhanced for interactive applications. It is also known as Membase. It was developed by Couchbase, Inc. and initially released in August 2010. It is written using C++, Erlang, C, Go languages and its server is designed to provide us with easy-to-scale key-value or JSON document access with high sustained throughput and low latency.
Difference between PouchDB and Couchbase :
|1.||Developed by Apache Software Foundation.||Developed by Couchbase, Inc.|
|2.||It was initially released in 2012.||It was initially released on August 2010.|
|4.||It do not have SQL support.||It provides support to Declarative query language (N1QL) that extends ANSI SQL to JSON.|
|5.||It only provides Eventual Consistency method to ensure consistency in a distributed system.||It provides us with Eventual Consistency and Immediate Consistency methods to ensure consistency in a distributed system.|
|6.||It does not supports ACID transactions.||It supports ACID transctions.|
|7.||In PouchDB, there is no predefined datatypes.||Predefined datatypes of Couchbase are boolean, string, number, etc.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Cassandra and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and MariaDB
- Difference between Couchbase and MS SQL Server
- Difference between Couchbase and CouchDB
- Difference between Couchbase and MySQL
- Difference between Couchbase and PostgreSQL
- Difference between SQLite and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and IBM Db2
- Difference between RDBMS and Couchbase
- Difference between Oracle and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and Redis
- Difference between Adabas and Couchbase
- Difference between Neo4j and Couchbase
- Difference between PouchDB and PostgreSQL
- Difference between PouchDB and Cassandra
- Difference between PouchDB and MongoDB
- Difference between PouchDB and CouchDB
- Difference between PouchDB and MS SQL Server
- Difference between PouchDB and MariaDB
- Difference between PouchDB and MySQL
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.