1. C language :
C language is a programming language developed at Bell research lab in 1972 by Dennis Ritchie. C language combines the properties of low level and high-level language. C is a high-level classical kind programming language that permits to develop computer code and movable applications.
2. Dart language :
Dart is an object-oriented programming language developed by Google. It is used to develop mobile, desktop, server and web applications. Dart is an object-oriented, class-based, garbage-collected language with C-style syntax.
Difference between C and Dart :
|C was developed by Dennis Ritchie between the year 1969 and 1973 at AT&T Bell Labs.||Dart was developed by Google in the year 2011.|
|C is a procedural language.||Dart is an object-oriented language.|
|C does not support data hiding.||Dart supports data hiding.|
|Built-in data types is supported in C.||Built-in & user-defined data types is supported in Dart.|
|C is a function driven language.||Dart is an object driven language.|
|Function and operator overloading is not supported in C.||Function and operator overloading is supported in Dart.|
|C does not support inheritance.||Dart supports inheritance.|
|Instead of focusing on data, C focuses on method or process.||Dart focuses on data instead of focusing on method or procedure.|
|C does not supports polymorphism.||Dart supports polymorphism.|
|C does not supports encapsulation.||Dart supports encapsulation.|
|Data and functions are separated in C||Data and functions are encapsulated in the form of an object.|
|Functions are not defined inside the structures.||Functions are defines inside the structures.|
|Reference variables are not supported.||Reference variables are supported.|
|Direct support for exception handling is not supported by C.||Exception handling is supported by Dart.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference Between DART and C++
- Difference Between Golang and Dart
- Rust vs Dart - Which is More Likely to Replace C++?
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Time Tracking and Time and Attendance Software
- Difference Between Single and Double Quotes in Shell Script and Linux
- Difference Between malloc() and calloc() with Examples
- What is the difference between single quoted and double quoted declaration of char array?
- Difference between "int main()" and "int main(void)" in C/C++?
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.