Both Authentication and Authorization area unit utilized in respect of knowledge security that permits the safety on an automatic data system. Each area unit terribly crucial topics usually related to the online as key items of its service infrastructure. However, each the terms area unit terribly completely different with altogether different ideas. whereas it’s true that they’re usually employed in an equivalent context with an equivalent tool, they’re utterly distinct from one another.
In authentication process, the identity of users are checked for providing the access to the system. While in authorization process, person’s or user’s authorities are checked for accessing the resources. Authentication is done before the authorization process, whereas authorization process is done after the authentication process.
Let’s see the difference between authentication and authorization:
|1.||In authentication process, the identity of users are checked for providing the access to the system.||While in authorization process, person’s or user’s authorities are checked for accessing the resources.|
|2.||In authentication process, users or persons are verified.||While in this process, users or persons are validated.|
|3.||It is done before the authorization process.||While this process is done after the authentication process.|
|4.||It needs usually user’s login details.||While it needs user’s privilege or security levels.|
|5.||Authentication determines whether the person is user or not.||While it determines What permission do user have?|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Computer Network | AAA (Authentication, Authorization and Accounting)
- AAA (Authentication, Authorization and Accounting) configuration (locally)
- What is AAA (Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting)?
- PGP - Authentication and Confidentiality
- Message Authentication Codes
- How message authentication code works?
- Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)
- Password Authentication Protocol (PAP)
- Challenge Response Authentication Mechanism (CRAM)
- 3D passwords-Advanced Authentication Systems
- Types of Two-factor Authentication
- What is HMAC(Hash based Message Authentication Code)?
- Internet Protocol Authentication Header
- Authentication in Computer Network
- SAML Authentication
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : manmeetjuneja5