The Stencil effect is a classical text effect that has emerged in the last decade. This type of effect is generally used in websites where the User Interface is not of main concern. Examples of such designs can be found on movie downloading websites where the interface is not the best looking as the main concern is on the working of the website. The developer of the website may not want to waste resources in designing and building a good looking website.
Approach: The approach is to use the webkit-stroke CSS properties to create a stroke/outline around the text.
HTML Section: In this section, the text that has to be styled is declared. The text is declared in a heading tag for this example.
CSS Section: Follow the steps for making the required stencil effect:
- Step 1: Apply basic styling to the text like font-size, family or color as needed. The text can also be transformed to uppercase for better visibility.
- Step 2: Use the -webkit-text-fill-color property to make the text transparent. This can be done by setting the property to “transparent”.
- Step 3: Use the -webkit-text-stroke-width property to set the width of the stroke or outline of the text. This property can be set to the required value with a suitable unit.
Tip: It is recommended to keep the width as low as possible to make the text look more pleasing to the eye.
Complete Code: It is the combination of the above two sections of code.
- CSS | Shadow Effect
- How to disable a CSS :hover effect?
- How to use Explode effect in jQuery ?
- Flipping Window Effect
- jQuery UI | effect() Method
- How to Create Paradoxical Effect using CSS ?
- Parallax scrolling effect using CSS.
- How to Create a GrayScale Effect using CSS ?
- Create a 3D Text Effect using HTML and CSS
- How to create reflection effect using HTML and CSS ?
- How to Create Embossed Text Effect using CSS ?
- How to create a sliding background effect using CSS ?
- How to create rotating disc effect using CSS ?
- Dancing Keys Effect using HTML and CSS
- How To Create Carved Text Effect using CSS?
- How to Create Floating Box Effect using HTML and CSS ?
- How to create a bouncing bubble effect using CSS ?
- jQuery | Effect fadeOut() Method
- jQuery | Effect show() Method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.