Construct a binary tree from a string consisting of parenthesis and integers. The whole input represents a binary tree. It contains an integer followed by zero, one or two pairs of parenthesis. The integer represents the root’s value and a pair of parenthesis contains a child binary tree with the same structure. Always start to construct the left child node of the parent first if it exists.
Input : "1(2)(3)" Output : 1 2 3 Explanation : 1 / \ 2 3 Explanation: first pair of parenthesis contains left subtree and second one contains the right subtree. Preorder of above tree is "1 2 3". Input : "4(2(3)(1))(6(5))" Output : 4 2 3 1 6 5 Explanation : 4 / \ 2 6 / \ / 3 1 5
We know first character in string is root. Substring inside the first adjacent pair of parenthesis is for left subtree and substring inside second pair of parenthesis is for right subtree as in the below diagram.
We need to find the substring corresponding to left subtree and substring corresponding to right subtree and then recursively call on both of the substrings.
For this first find the index of starting index and end index of each substring.
To find the index of closing parenthesis of left subtree substring, use a stack. Lets the found index is stored in index variable.
4 2 3 1 6 5
This article is contributed by Chhavi. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Construct Binary Tree from given Parent Array representation
- Construct Complete Binary Tree from its Linked List Representation
- Construct Binary Tree from given Parent Array representation | Iterative Approach
- Construct a Binary Search Tree from given postorder
- Construct Ancestor Matrix from a Given Binary Tree
- Construct a Binary Tree from Postorder and Inorder
- If you are given two traversal sequences, can you construct the binary tree?
- Convert left-right representation of a binary tree to down-right
- Construct Special Binary Tree from given Inorder traversal
- Construct Full Binary Tree from given preorder and postorder traversals
- Construct a binary string following the given constraints
- Shortest path between two nodes in array like representation of binary tree
- Construct a complete binary tree from given array in level order fashion
- Decimal representation of given binary string is divisible by 5 or not
- Construct Full Binary Tree using its Preorder traversal and Preorder traversal of its mirror tree
Improved By : PranchalKatiyar