There are three main objectives of computer security, which are also referred has CIA triads.
1. Confidentiality :
- Data confidentiality –
It is a property which ensures that any private information that can be harmful if it is disclosed to any unauthorised person should only be disclosed to a legit authorization so that no one can take advantage of someone’s personal information.
- Privacy –
It is the property of the digital world that ensures that one can have the right that any information which is related to them should be stored by whomsoever they want and no other person should look through their information of share their without their consent. If information is shared without the consent it is a breach of privacy which is a punishable offence.
2. Integrity :
- Data integrity –
It ensures that the system and information is changed in the way that user want and it is not breached by any third party with an intent to harm.
- System integrity –
This ensures that the system should work in the manner as it is designed to perform and its performance is not manipulated by anyone else, that is any third party which manipulated the system to work according to their wishes rather than the users.
3. Availability :
This ensures that system should work fine and should denied access to an authorized user.
Computer Security Challenges :
- Security is not simple it requires a lot of research and mone.y
- Potential attacks on the security features need to be considered.
- Procedures used to provide particular services are often counter-intuitive.
- It is necessary to decide where to use the various security mechanisms.
- Requires constant monitoring.
- Security mechanisms typically involve more than a particular algorithm or protocol.
- Security is essentially a battle of wits between a perpetrator and the designer.
- Little benefit from security investment is perceived until a security failure occurs.
- Strong security is often viewed as an impediment to efficient and user-friendly operation.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Challenges of Computer Network
- Security Environment in Computer Network
- Information Security and Computer Forensics
- Port Security in Computer Network
- Difference between Network Security and Cyber Security
- Difference between Information Security and Network Security
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- Principal of Information System Security : Security System Development Life Cycle
- Challenges for 5G
- Technical Challenges of Mobile Computing
- Security of RSA
- Wireless Security | Set 1
- Need Of Information Security
- Is SSL enough for Cloud Security?
- API Keys and their security
- Data Security
- Perl | CGI Security
- IP security (IPSec)
- Network Security
- What is Information Security?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.