If we run a Java Program by writing the command “java Hello Geeks At GeeksForGeeks” where the name of the class is “Hello”, then it will run upto Hello. It is command upto “Hello” and after that i.e “Geeks At GeeksForGeeks”, these are command line arguments.
When command line arguments are supplied to JVM, JVM wraps these and supply to args. It can be confirmed that they are actually wrapped up in args array by checking the length of args using args.length
This article is contributed by Twinkle Tyagi. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Command line arguments in C/C++
- C# | Command Line Arguments
- Command line arguments example in C
- Python | Set 6 (Command Line and Variable Arguments)
- getopt() function in C to parse command line arguments
- Command Line Interface Programming in Python
- Variable Arguments (Varargs) in Java
- Java Program to open the command prompt and insert commands
- Level order traversal line by line | Set 2 (Using Two Queues)
- Print level order traversal line by line | Set 1
- Program to delete a line given the line number from a file
- Level order traversal line by line | Set 3 (Using One Queue)
- Swap two variables in one line in C/C++, Python, PHP and Java
- Default Arguments in C++
- Default arguments in Python