Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) could be a specification of a regular design for middleware. It is a client-server software development model.
Using a CORBA implementation, a shopper will transparently invoke a way on a server object, which may air a similar machine or across a network. The middleware takes the decision, associated is to blame for finding an object which will implement the request, passing it the parameters, invoking its methodology, and returning the results of the invocation. The shopper doesn’t need to remember of wherever the item is found, its programing language, its software package or the other aspects that don’t seem to be a part of the associated object’s interface.
CORBA Reference Model:
The CORBA reference model known as Object Management design (OMA) is shown below figure. The OMA is itself a specification (actually, a group of connected specifications) that defines a broad vary of services for building distributed client-server applications. several services one may expect to search out in a very middleware product like CORBA (e.g., naming, dealings, and asynchronous event management services) are literally fixed as services within the OMA
Different parts communicate victimization ORB. ORB is additionally referred to as the item bus. An associate example of the application interface is a distributed document facility. In a very domain interface, it will have domain dependent services, for instance, producing domain.
Object interface has some domain freelance services:
- Naming Service:
Naming service is additionally known as a white page service. victimization naming service server-name will be searched and it’s location or address pointed out.
- Trading Service:
Commercialism service is additionally known as a yellow page service. victimization commercialism service a selected service will be searched. this is often corresponding to looking out a service like an automobile store in a very yellow page directory.
There will be different services that may be provided by object interfaces like security services, life-cycle services and then on.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Steps in Rapid Application Development (RAD) model
- Modern Principles Of Software Development
- Software Engineering | Project size estimation techniques
- Types of Software Testing
- Software Testing | Basics
- Software Engineering | Architectural Design
- Software Engineering | Halstead’s Software Metrics
- Beta Testing | Software Testing
- Software Engineering | Debugging Approaches
- Personal Software Process (PSP)
- Pairwise Software Testing
- Software Engineering | COCOMO Model
- Software Engineering | Classification of Software Requirements
- Software Engineering | Classical Waterfall Model
- Software Engineering | Iterative Waterfall Model
- Software Engineering | Spiral Model
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Requirements Elicitation
- Software Engineering | System configuration management
- Software Engineering | Challenges in eliciting requirements
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.