Cisco Interview Experience for Software Engineering Internship 2020
This is an off-campus interview Experience.
Round 1 (online assessment): In this round, 15 MCQ based on aptitude, CN, DBMS, OS, pseudo code, and 2 programming question.
I was able to solve 1 programming question and 12 correct MCQ. After 5 days I got an interview mail. Total of 154 students shortlisted for the interview process and the interview conduct on the cisco team app.
Round 2 (45 min): 2 interviewers take the interview at the same time. 1 was a very experienced person and 1 was 2-3 years experience.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about your project and which technology you use in your career and why you use it.
- How URL work? (Details explanation)
- How you check the user authentication?
After this, they move onto the DSA part
- Your given N stairs and you can take only 2 steps. Find how many ways to take the steps. Answer: (N-1) this is a simple math question
- After 4 questions, you’re given N stairs and you can take the exact M step now find the number of ways to take the steps. https://www.techiedelight.com/find-total-ways-reach-nth-stair-with-atmost-m-steps/. Answerer: I told him the recursion approach with memorization. And Details discussion on Space and Time complexity. Both interviewers were satisfied.
- They asked which data structure you used to design the Router connection(like a graph). I told him 3 different methods and the reason behind the method.
- When you write a code for some program but the problem is which directory you used is depended on other directories and sometimes they make a cycle in a directory and give a compiler error. You need to find the cycle make or not in a directory. Check if a linked list is Circular Linked List.
After this round, 96 students selected for 2nd round.
Round 2 (45 min) :
- Tell me about yourself
- Detailed discussion on the project.
- What are the IP model layers and the working of every layer in depths?
- How the datagram packet converts into the frame and how the computer decides the size of the frame.
- Difference between UDP and TCP.
- How exactly data send using TCP or UDP.
- How sender confirms that the send data will successfully send or not, after this, he moved onto the DSA part.
- You’re given N and K and you need to set the Kth bit position in N and print it. Write only 1 line code (use shift operator)
- You’re given 3 numbers N, K, and M. You need to set the Kth bit position in N and read M bit after Kth bit. Write code in 1 line.
- You have 50 red balls, 50 blue balls, and 2 bags. You want to arrange the balls into these bags in such a manner as to maximize the probability that picking a bag at random and then picking a ball at random results in a red ball. What is the maximum probability?
In 1st bag---> Put 1 red ball In 2nd bag---> Put the remaining 50 blue+49 red balls. In this way P(Red ball)= 1/2*1 + 1/2*49/99 = 0.5 + 0.24747 = 0.74747 or 0.7475 (Ans)
I answer almost all the questions and my interviewer was very satisfied with my all answer.
After this round, only 44 students selected for the HR round, and I was one of them.
Round 3 (HR round 15 min) :
- Tell me about yourself and your family background
- Tell me about your college and city
- Tell me about your hobbies?
- Do you have any other offers?
- Did you use any Cisco products in your life?
- Which position you prefer ( 3 positions available in this recruiter process )
- Will you be able to relocate to any locations in India?
- Which location do you prefer Bangalore, Chennai, Pune?
Then he informs me about the stipend.
After 15 days, the result was out. Those who’re selected got a Letter of intend mail. But I neither got a Letter of intent mail nor got rejection mail.
This was a great experience for me.
- Always have knowledge about the company and the profile you are applying to.
- During live coding even if your code doesn’t work try explaining your approach that matters more than correct output.
- Be very clear with basics and confident with your answers the interviewer may try to confuse you.
- Learn to say No to the questions you have no idea about or don’t know at all.
Please Login to comment...