5 Programming Questions (easy to medium difficulty)
Technical Round 1:
- Check whether an array has duplicates
- Wrote code on notepad using sets (n + extra memory)
- Asked to do code review
- Suggested using sort (nlogn + no extra memory if quicksort)
- Find result set from a list of strings where each string represents last names of CISCO employees and the condition to add is the last name shouldn’t contain initials
- Multithreading questions – including mutex and semaphores
- HashMap internals and TreeMap
Technical Round 2:
- Find the first pair of elements that add up to a given sum in an array
- Wrote code on notepad. (used sets)
- Questions on REST
- Questions on how we can make the best use of third party tools and integrate them with our system
- Thread related programming type of questions
- Check whether 2 rectangles are overlapping.
- Usual questions like why would you join, what will you do in this situation, the technical problem faced and how you were able to solve, how will you bring up a new feature over an existing one.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.