Given a string of lowercase English alphabets. The task is to check if the count of distinct characters in the string is prime or not.
Input : str = "geeksforgeeks" Output :Yes Explanation: The number of distinct characters in the string is 7, and 7 is a prime number. Input : str ="geeks" Output : No
In this problem first we have to count the distinct characters in the string. We will use a map to store the frequency of each alphabets. The next step is to count the number of distinct characters, and check whether the number is prime or not .
If the number is prime we will print Yes, else No.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Check whether the frequencies of all the characters in a string are prime or not
- Count characters in a string whose ASCII values are prime
- Find distinct characters in distinct substrings of a string
- String with k distinct characters and no same characters adjacent
- Count distinct substrings that contain some characters at most k times
- Count number of substrings with exactly k distinct characters
- Convert given string so that it holds only distinct characters
- Sort an array according to the increasing count of distinct Prime Factors
- Print all distinct characters of a string in order (3 Methods)
- Count of distinct sums that can be obtained by adding prime numbers from given arrays
- Length of the smallest sub-string consisting of maximum distinct characters
- XOR of Prime Frequencies of Characters in a String
- Sum and Product of Prime Frequencies of Characters in a String
- Program to print characters present at prime indexes in a given string
- Check if given string can be split into four distinct strings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.