Given a point (X, Y) in a 2-D plane and an integer K, the task is to check whether it is possible to move from (0, 0) to the given point (X, Y) in exactly K moves. In a single move, the positions that are reachable from (X, Y) are (X, Y + 1), (X, Y – 1), (X + 1, Y) and (X – 1, Y).
Input: X = 0, Y = 0, K = 2
Move 1: (0, 0) -> (0, 1)
Move 2: (0, 1) -> (0, 0)
Input: X = 5, Y = 8, K = 20
Approach: It is clear that the shortest path to reach (X, Y) from (0, 0) will be minMoves = (|X| + |Y|). So, if K < minMoves then it is impossible to reach (X, Y) but if K ≥ minMoves then after reaching (X, Y) in minMoves number of moves the remaining (K – minMoves) number of moves have to be even in order to remain at that point for the rest of the moves.
So it is possible to reach (X, Y) from (0, 0) only if K ≥ (|X| + |Y|) and (K – (|X| + |Y|)) % 2 = 0.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Check if it is possible to move from (0, 0) to (x, y) in N steps
- Check if a king can move a valid move or not when N nights are there in a modified chessboard
- Check if it is possible to move from (a, 0) to (b, 0) with given jumps
- Check if possible to move from given coordinate to desired coordinate
- Number of cells a queen can move with obstacles on the chessborad
- Count the total number of squares that can be visited by Bishop in one move
- Largest number N which can be reduced to 0 in K steps
- Find the number of stair steps
- Maximum money that can be withdrawn in two steps
- Probability of reaching a point with 2 or 3 steps at a time
- Count minimum steps to get the given desired array
- Number of steps to convert to prime factors
- Find the minimum number of steps to reach M from N
- Print steps to make a number in form of 2^X - 1
- Minimum steps to color the tree with given colors
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.