Round 1: Online Test
The online test had 5 sections, for which you should keep yourself updated with the myamcat aptitude pattern, rules and regulations. The order of sections and questions was strictly sequential i.e. you cannot skip questions and sections without submitting the previous one. There was no negative marking though, per say.
The 5 sections were Quantitative Aptitude(16 questions), Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension(22 questions), Business Analytics(8 questions), Coding (2 coding questions), Computer Science(26 questions) respectively. *
Quant questions were easy, we had 60 seconds per questions. You might end up saving time in this section.
Verbal ability was moderately tough. Only prior at-home practice can save you from this section.
Business Analytics was a nightmare. Google it!
Coding questions were a cake-walk. Do some pattern printing and bitwise operation codes beforehand.
Computer Science questions were from DBMS, OS and Computer Networks only. Look up the syllabus here myamcat.
* The number of questions is an approximate recollection of the interviewee.
Round 2: Technical/Techno-Managerial
Que: Given an array of integers ‘A’ of size ‘n’ and an input integer ‘NUM’ you have to output from the array A, two numbers (a, b) such that a*b = NUM, the time complexity of entire operation being O(n). (Hint: Use a hash table.)
I was shown my coding section results from the online test and the interviewer asked me to optimize it and make the code more readable.
Random puzzles were also being asked in this round, which was unfair to some people. I recommend the puzzles section on geeksforgeeks. SQL Query is also relevant for this round.
The main focus was projects and internships from your resume. Know your resume!
Round 3: HR
We were also asked to make 2 selfie videos of 1 minute each, namely ‘Introduction’ and ‘My Role Model’. I personally recommend making these videos, it somehow boosted my confidence before the interviews.
In addition, we were asked to make a 5-min presentation on any one of the Emerging Technologies on the day of the interview, during the 2nd round. The topics provided by the HR’s were DevOps, Blockchain, RPA, IoT Augmented Reality, Machine Learning. However, there was no hard bound on the names for presentation topics.
You only have to show the willingness to work for CGI.
All the best guys!
- Samsung SRIB internship interview experience (August, 2018)
- GS Lab Interview Experience August 2019
- Adobe Interview Experience for MTS - II (August 2019)
- DailyHunt Interview Experience | On-Campus FTE - August 2019
- SAP Labs Internship Interview Experience | August 2019 (On-Campus)
- Samsung Delhi Interview Experience | On Campus NIT Agartala | August 2019
- Amdocs Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer | Pool Campus at NIT Silchar | NIT Agartala | August 2019
- Samsung R&D Internship Experience August 2019 (On Campus)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- DailyHunt On Campus Interview-FTE-August 2019
- TCS Interview Experience 2018 (For I.T.)
- IBM Interview Experience CSE 2018
- TCS NQT 2018 Interview Experience
- TCS Interview Experience 2018
- Microsoft Interview Experience 2018 @ IIT
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.