Cadence India Interview | Set 1
I recently gave interview for Cadence, for Member Technical Staff position. Total Work Experience – 2.5 year.
1) How to limit the scope of a variable -> I explained about static
2) what is linked list, implement using array and linked list (which is better single or doubly? ) and space and runtime complexities of push() and pop().
3) In a directed graph how can you find a cycle? is it possible to find using BFS, why BFS is preferred over DFS.
Face to Face
Round 1 :
1) Automata basic questions (i din remember automata.. the guy helped me in this one)
make a State diagram for a*b*c expression.
2) convert it into deterministic diagram
3) state diagram for a[POW(n)]b[POW(n)]c (use of counter is required)
4) n jobs are given , their dependency list is given how will you schedule them ? (I explained using modified BFS)
5)If a graph DS is given, how will you dump that into memory and retrieve it again ?
Round 2 :
1) Write code for string reversal.
2) Write code for linked list implementation. push and pop
3) Puzzle – 23 coins are given and two player are there. anyone can pick 1 to 4 coins at a time.
One who picks the last coin wins.. Find algo for it.
Round 3 :
1) In a project, i have an api which takes some parameters and returns a string.
How will you handle the memory allocation done inside this API ? – Ans is you make it static.
2) Puzzle – two ropes are given. each burn in 60 mins. how to count 45 mins from it.
1) General questions about my current work and projects done with the senior manager.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!