There are many ways to find Hostname and IP address of a local machine. Here is a simple method to find hostname and IP address using C program.
We will be using the following functions :-
gethostname() : The gethostname function retrieves the standard host name for the local computer.
gethostbyname() : The gethostbyname function retrieves host information corresponding to a host name from a host database.
inet_ntoa() : The inet_ntoa function converts an (Ipv4) Internet network address into an ASCII string in Internet standard dotted-decimal format.
Hostname: cContainer Host IP: 10.98.162.101
Output varies machine to machine
- Program to validate an IP address
- Java program to find IP address of your computer
- C Program to find IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway
- Program to determine class, Network and Host ID of an IPv4 address
- Difference Between Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Difference between MAC Address and IP Address
- Address of a function in C or C++
- Extracting MAC address using Python
- Finding IP address of a URL in Java
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Address Resolution in DNS (Domain Name Server)
- Local Broadcast and Loopback Address
- Introduction of MAC Address in Computer Network
- Transition from IPv4 to IPv6 address
- Difference between Static and Dynamic IP address
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.