There are many ways to find Hostname and IP address of a local machine. Here is a simple method to find hostname and IP address using C program.
We will be using the following functions :-
gethostname() : The gethostname function retrieves the standard host name for the local computer.
gethostbyname() : The gethostbyname function retrieves host information corresponding to a host name from a host database.
inet_ntoa() : The inet_ntoa function converts an (Ipv4) Internet network address into an ASCII string in Internet standard dotted-decimal format.
Hostname: cContainer Host IP: 10.98.162.101
Output varies machine to machine
- Program to validate an IP address
- Java program to find IP address of your computer
- Program to determine class, Network and Host ID of an IPv4 address
- C Program to find IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway
- Address of a function in C or C++
- Extracting MAC address using Python
- Finding IP address of a URL in Java
- Computer Network | Address Resolution in DNS
- Computer Network | Introduction of MAC Address
- Python | Remove leading zeros from an IP address
- How DHCP server dynamically assigns IP address to a host?
- Computer Network | Types of Network address translation (NAT)
- Computer Network | Network address translation (NAT)
- C program to print a string without any quote (singe or double) in the program
- C program to detect tokens in a C program
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.