There are many ways to find Hostname and IP address of a local machine. Here is a simple method to find hostname and IP address using C program.
We will be using the following functions :-
gethostname() : The gethostname function retrieves the standard host name for the local computer.
gethostbyname() : The gethostbyname function retrieves host information corresponding to a host name from a host database.
inet_ntoa() : The inet_ntoa function converts an (Ipv4) Internet network address into an ASCII string in Internet standard dotted-decimal format.
Hostname: cContainer Host IP: 10.98.162.101
Output varies machine to machine
- Program to determine Class, Broadcast address and Network address of an IPv4 address
- Program to validate an IP address
- Java program to find IP address of your computer
- Program to determine class, Network and Host ID of an IPv4 address
- C Program to find IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway
- Difference Between Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Difference between MAC Address and IP Address
- Address of a function in C or C++
- Finding IP address of a URL in Java
- Extracting MAC address using Python
- Computer Network | Address Resolution in DNS
- Computer Network | Introduction of MAC Address
- Python | Remove leading zeros from an IP address
- How DHCP server dynamically assigns IP address to a host?
- Computer Network | Port Address Translation (PAT) on Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.