At the time of interviews, I was having 1.3 Years of experience as an Application Developer.
Round 1: HR Screening Round
- Current Project + Previous Project Discussion
- Work Experience
- Technology Stack
After this, I was called onsite directly. (Generally, they take one skype round before calling onsite)
Round 2: Machine Coding Round – I
Implement the following 4 WebServices in the choice of your language.
- startBrowser() -> Start the browser(User Input) and opens given URL(User Input)
- stopBrowser()-> Kill the specified opened browser.
- getLatestURL()-> Fetched last visited URL (Doesn’t matter browser is running or it’s closed)
- deleteAllHistory()-> Delete all the data -> Browser History, cookies, cache, saved passwords, bookmarks etc.
For the last 2, you’ll have to find how does any browser stores user-specific data locally. For Mozilla Firefox, it maintains places.SQLite, (And many similar files)So you’ll have to use JDBC Driver to extract/delete data from .sqlite files of Selenium or any 3rd party automation tool is strictly prohibited.
Round 3: Machine Coding Round – II
Implement functionality similar to tail -f to fetch the latest logs from the given server and send it to all the clients.
- Subtask 1:
- For the first part, we were not allowed to use tail command directly by creating a process from code.
- We will have to implement tail -f command programmatically, in such a way that whenever the file is saved, only last changed data is getting displayed
- One more criteria, in almost all languages, default file readers start from line 0, which is also not helpful in our case. As the files might go to some TBs.
- Subtask 2:
- Once we have n lines ready, WebSockets can be used, to send the data to all the clients.
Round 4: Hiring Manager Round
- Current Project Architecture.
- Current Framework Architecture. Core Java -> JSP-Servlets -> JSF-Managed Beans-> Oracle ADF (Similar case for DB-ORM Side was also discussed)
- Any one feature you would like to discuss which interest you the most from current work-ex.
- Conflict with your manager. How did you handle it?
- What did you learn from 1.5 years of professional life, since this is your first company.
- Some Questions on Java Frameworks
- One question which was based on Map-Reduce Framework. (Discussion on How to modify also so that it can run on Multi-Clustered Environment)
Round 5: Founder Round
- Tell me about yourself.
- What one thing did you enjoyed the most in the college?
- StartUps vs MNC, which one do you prefer, why?
- Strength and Weakness
- Why you didn’t apply for GSoC?
- Why you want to leave your previous organization?
- Why Browserstack?
After this, they informed me, they are done for the day. In my overall experience, the interviewers were very friendly and helpful. After 2 days, the HR call was scheduled.
Round 6: HR Round (Video Conf)
- Tell me about yourself.
- What did you like the most about the interview process?
- What/How was your overall journey of the last 5 years (B.Tech + Internships + FullTime Job)?
- After describing the journey, she asked “What is the most important thing in your career?”, “What are you looking for from your next job?”
- Learnings from your current company.
- One thing which you love about your current company.
- One thing which you don’t like about your current company.
Within a week I got the final offer letter.
- BrowserStack Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer
- SAP Labs Interview Experience (On-Campus FTE | VJTI, Mumbai)
- BrowserStack Interview Experience | Set 5 (Fresher)
- BrowserStack Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus)
- BrowserStack Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus)
- BrowserStack Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus)
- BrowserStack Interview Experience | Set 2 (Coding Questions)
- BrowserStack Interview Experience | Set 3 (Coding Questions)
- BrowserStack Interview Experience | Set 7 (Online Coding Questions)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off Campus for Software Engineer-1)
- UBS Interview Experience | Set 2 (Software Engineer)
- Accolite Interview Experience (Software Engineer)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.