The close icon in bootstrap is a utility, that is used to dismiss any content (e.g., Alerts, Modals, Popovers). It is represented by a generic cross/close icon.
Below is a sample HTML code including a close icon for dismissing content in bootstrap:
Note: The data-dismiss attribute can be used with button tag to target the component to dismiss such as a modal or an alert.
Close icon to dismiss Alert
Close icon to dismiss Modal
- How to use Bootstrap to align labels with content into 4 columns ?
- How to accordion scroll to top to open content in Bootstrap ?
- Spacing in Bootstrap with Examples
- Bootstrap Buttons with Examples
- Containers in Bootstrap with examples
- Borders in bootstrap with examples
- Popovers in bootstrap with examples
- Vertical alignment in Bootstrap with Examples
- List group in bootstrap with examples
- Bootstrap | Sizing an element with Examples
- Responsive images in Bootstrap with Examples
- Bootstrap | figure class with Examples
- Bootstrap | Float utilities with Examples
- Colors and gradients in bootstrap with examples
- BootStrap | Positioning an element with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.