PHP is a very popular general-purpose scripting language which is mainly suited for web development. It was created in 1994 by Rasmus Lerdorf who is a Danish-Canadian programmer.
Let us look at some of the advantages of PHP.
- Platform Independent: PHP is supported by mostly all the operating systems like Windows, Unix, Linux, etc. Advanced PHP applications can be easily deployed on any platform. It can be integrated with other applications and data quickly, and there is no need for rebuilding. It saves a lot of effort and expenses.
- Open source and dynamic Library support: Another benefit of using the PHP Hyper Preprocessor script which has been developed and maintained by a team of PHP developers. This helps to create a support community, an additional library. PHP additionally has high-performance workflow modules, and several modules available in PHP include Graphics and PDF.
- Organized: PHP has been around for about 21 years. During this time, many developers worked on the app to improve app usage. Most bugs are discovered over the years, and bugs are quickly resolved by a team of developers. PHP is now very stable.
- Free Availability: PHP is an open-source web language, that is why it is completely free. There is no cost involved in purchasing expensive licenses or software. It can work efficiently with different databases, such as Apache, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. The cost of building a website using PHP is small.
- Database: PHP is easily linked to the database and makes communication secure with data. It has in-built modules which can be connected to the database easily. PHP and its database connection solve the purpose of developing web applications. Reduce the time to connect to the data management system. Many details can be integrated with PHP.
- Easy to understand and code: The PHP framework is mainly used to make web application development easy and automatically coded. The creation of a PHP framework view controller enables the code to be easily stored and used. MVC architecture facilitates the separation of a separate module file.
- Gives Web Developer More Control: Compared to other languages, PHP allows the website builder to have more control. Long, complex documents override some programming languages, but this is not the case for PHP. Some simple lines of code are enough. Also, PHP allows tags and, thus, website builders can add and mix HTML tags, making the content more authoritative. Developers do not have to worry about putting codes in the right place when using PHP, as written between tags. Therefore, functions and systems do not need to be written in any particular order, as long as they are marked.
- Easy integration and consistency: PHP is compatible with most applications. It can smoothly run on different platforms, including UNIX, Solaris, and Linux. Since it can be integrated without effort and other technologies, such as Java, existing software does not need to be upgraded. This saves time and money.My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up