Bank of America Interview Experience | On-Campus 2020
Bank of America visited our campus for the post of Senior Tech Associate, at five different locations for the full-time offer. There was a total of three rounds for this position and each round was an elimination round.
Round 1(Video Interview): The first round was held at the HireVue platform and had 2 coding questions and 3 video questions to complete in a duration of 90 minutes.
The Coding Questions Asked were:
Given a String. Convert the String to alternate lowercase, uppercase.
Input: This is a book Output: ThIs Is A bOoK
- Check for Balanced Brackets in an expression (well-formedness) using Stack
The video Questions asked were:
- Explain in detail you’re training, technical background?
- Have you been in a challenging situation, how do you handle it?
- Explain the approach you used to solve the 2nd coding question. Also include corner test cases. (Explain from Brute, better to optimal solution)
After this round, 300 students moved to the next round.
Round 2(Technical F2F Interview): It was a resume centric Interview. They first asked me to explain all my projects and then to jump to DBMS, Oops, and OS concepts.
Some questions asked from DBMS-
- What is data, information?
- Advantages of DBMS and Acid properties.
- What are transactions and different states in a transaction?
- SQL vs NoSQL
- How to convert relational to a non-relational database.
From oops, they asked polymorphism, its different types with Example.
At last, they asked me questions related to OS-
- What is the OS?
- Which is the main part of the OS?
- How does kernel work?
I was then shortlisted for the next round.
Round 3(HR Round): There were two interviewers in the panel and after their introduction, the discussion moved to my projects.
- As I have mentioned Face Recognition, he gave me a situation, how will you handle it. I want you to identify a person after 5 years(He wanted to know my approach)
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
- How well-equipped you are with working remotely?
- Why do you want to join Bank of America?
Last, they asked do you have any questions from them, I asked some basic questions about Bank of America.
- Read about the company from the company website, LinkedIn, and their achievements.
- Be through with your resume.
71 students selected from our campus. I was one of them. Thanks, https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/ for providing amazing content.