Avaya visited our college for campus hiring.The selection process was as follows:-
1 – Aptitude test
Avaya had own platform for Aptitude test. It had 50 mcqs – 25 questions in technical and 25 in non technical section. MCQs were mainly based on basic maths, logic, computer science, c++ concepts. Time duration was 1 hr. Questions were easy.
16 people were shortlisted for interview.
2 – Tech interview 1
Questions were as follows:-
- Solution to Dining Philosophers problem.
- Difference between mutex and semaphore
- Questions about critical section
- Explain normalization in DBMS with example.
- Write SQL query to find top 2 performers in a test.
- Explain different phases of compiler,which data structure can be used for symbol table.
- Some basic linux commands
- Questions related to hashing, hash function calculation, significance of hashing, Different techniques for collision resolution in hashing.
- Explain inheritance and abstraction with examples.
- Questions related to compile time and run time polymorphism
- Program 1- Insert node in doubly linked list
- Program 2- Check whether a singly linked list is palindrome or not
- Puzzle- There are n number of coins. All the coins have same weight except one.How to find that coin?
Then some of us were called for 2nd technical interview
3 – Tech interview 2
They asked me which language I am comfortable with.I chose java .
Questions were as follows:-
- Brief discussion of project work done during Internship and questions based on that
- Questions based on string literal pool concept and immutable class in java.
- How will you implement own immutable class
- Questions related to singleton class
- Questions related to static binding and dynamic binding.
- Checked vs unchecked exceptions
- Question related to serialization
- Interface and abstract class difference
- Program 1 – A square matrix of integers is given. In each row and column, integers are sorted in descending order . Some of the integers are -ve. How to find number of -ve integers in minimum time?
- Puzzle – Switching 100 light bulbs puzzle
4 – HR interview
General Questions on family background, extra curricular activities, why Avaya?,what are your future plans?
Finally they selected 4 people and I was one of them. Thanks a lot to GeeksforGeeks!!
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Avaya Interview Experience 2018 (On Campus)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- MindTickle Interview Experience | Off-campus | Fresher( 0-Yr Experience)
- Barclays Investment Bank Pune Interview Experience (On-Campus Interview)
- Valuelabs-Hyderabad Interview Experience | On-Campus Interview
- UBS Interview Experience - On Campus
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 27 (On-Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 17 (On-Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 25 (On-Campus)
- UBS interview experience (on campus)
- OYO Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-campus for SDE)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 13 (On-Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 26 (On-Campus)
- IBM Interview Experience | Set 2 (On Campus)