Automated Time-Based Reload Response in Java Web Servlet
Automated Time-Based Reload Response in Java Web Servlet comes into the picture while working with Java Servlets, we need a mechanism for page auto-reload according to our need. This automated refresh can be created in the Java servlet itself as a response. In webpages, there is a need where without clicking any button or link, the page should be auto refreshed or forwarded to a new webpage after a specific time or interval.
So here we will send a response by setting a header for reloading to a new URL after a specific time.
Approach for IDE :
- You need to install an IDE and a Web Server for running below servlet.
- It is suggested to create a project with default configurations. It will handle servlet mapping and web.xml.
- Then Create a new Servlet Named auto-reload and copy the below-given code in the servlet.
- Create another servlet named reloadedpage, which will be the output page.
- You can configure these Servlets into web.xml for dynamic mapping.
- Deploy project on Web Server and locate given URL on the browser (change project with your actual project name) http://localhost:8080/project/autoreload.
Here we can change time and URL according to our need in the above program.
- You can also add this functionality to any of your Servlets without creating a new one.
- You just have to include below given line : response.setHeader(“Refresh”,”5;url=reloadedpage”);