Django provides built-in facilities of ForeignKey, ManytoManyField for associating one model to other model. To associate a user model to a post model, one can use various options. This article revolves around how to associate a user to its post (post model). This tutorial uses the concept of foreign keys in Django and at the end, one will be able to create application of post upload and also profile app which contains all the past uploads of the user.
- Creation of Django project
- Creation of application which can register login and logout the user
- Make migrations in application and add database
We have already created a user application for registration and so we will create a new app that can be named as userblog (blog upload from the user) .To do this create an app in main project file by writing this code in your PowerShell or terminal
django-admin startapp userblog
Now this application is available in your project file and you should first add this application to settings.py file in the project and add this application to INSTALLED_APPS
Now make migrations in your project and add this application to your project
python manage.py makemigrations python manage.py migrate
Now we have to use models in this application so that Django can create a table for the information which we are going to store in our database and the user can input the information. We have to create a class in the
models.py file of userblog application which is named as Snippet. We will use a ForeignKey class which will hold the id value of the user and it holds one to many relationship and so you can use this class to associate the user to any other activities where there is user involvement.
Also create a python file named as
forms.py and create a ModelForm for the same to input data from user.
We need to migrate the class model of Snippet so that Django administration creates a database for the post upload and details so makemigrations of the class Snippet and you will see this in django administration –
Here User is a foreign key which will show all the users and it will store the key number of last instance of post upload by a user by default it is set to superuser
Now we will go to views.py file of application and add the main code which will be storing the information in database using model form object.
- usblog – This will display all the posts in our homepage
- snippet_detail – This will get the data from the user in the form ad it will associate blog to user
So by now the Django administration has created the database of Snippet class and you can see it by visiting Django administration. Now we have to create a simple
form.html file which we will contain a form from where user can enter the queries which we have stated in the class. Here comes the beauty of Django that since we have used model forms for our application Django has created HTML code of form which will have all those queries which we needed. So simply create an HTML file in your templates file(form.html).
Now we will need a homepage where we will see all the posts of the users so create another HTML file indexg.html and import the objects of function which we have created in views.py file. (Placed image of only body part of html to show the python code you can make your own indexg with features )
Let us go to our main urls file where we will have an account app and now make the userblog application as default and add the URLs of your application. Also in your userblog application add urls.py and add the links of 2 functions which are form.html and homepage(indexg.html).
userblog urls –
Start the application and register the user to your application and make a post
python manage.py runserver
Your browser does not support playing video
GITHUB LINK – Github Repo
- How to select and upload multiple files with HTML and PHP, using HTTP POST?
- File upload Fields in Serializers - Django REST Framework
- Render HTML Forms (GET & POST) in Django
- Python | User groups with Custom permissions in Django
- Upload Progress Bar in PHP
- Upload files in Python
- File Upload in ElectronJS
- How to upload files asynchronously using jQuery?
- How to Upload Image into Database and Display it using PHP ?
- How to Upload Project on GitHub from Pycharm?
- Upload and Retrieve Image on MongoDB using Mongoose
- How to Upload File using formidable module in Node.js ?
- How to change the maximum upload file size in PHP ?
- PHP | $_FILES Array (HTTP File Upload variables)
- How to upload Laravel App to Heroku Cloud Application Platform
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.