A Binary Heap is a Complete Binary Tree. A binary heap is typically represented as array. The representation is done as:
- The root element will be at Arr.
- Below table shows indexes of other nodes for the ith node, i.e., Arr[i]:
Arr[(i-1)/2] Returns the parent node Arr[(2*i)+1] Returns the left child node Arr[(2*i)+2] Returns the right child node
- k largest(or smallest) elements in an array | added Min Heap method
- Applications of Heap Data Structure
- Tournament Tree (Winner Tree) and Binary Heap
- Time Complexity of building a heap
- Sort a nearly sorted (or K sorted) array
- Kth smallest element in a row-wise and column-wise sorted 2D array | Set 1
- Binomial Heap
- K'th Smallest/Largest Element in Unsorted Array | Set 1
- Why is Binary Heap Preferred over BST for Priority Queue?
- Fibonacci Heap | Set 1 (Introduction)
- How to check if a given array represents a Binary Heap?
- Check if a given Binary Tree is Heap
- Overview of Data Structures | Set 2 (Binary Tree, BST, Heap and Hash)
- K-ary Heap
- Convert min Heap to max Heap
- Heap in C++ STL | make_heap(), push_heap(), pop_heap(), sort_heap(), is_heap, is_heap_until()
- Minimum sum of two numbers formed from digits of an array
- Implementation of Binomial Heap
- Where is Heap Sort used practically?
- Binary Heap
The traversal method use to achieve Array representation is Level Order
Binary Heap satisfies the Ordering Property.
The Ordering can be of two types:
1. Min Heap Property: The value of each node is greater than or equal to the value of its parent, with the minimum value at the root.
2. Max Heap Property: The value of each node is less than or
equal to the value of its parent, with the maximum value at the root.
For the implementation of the basic heap operations follow the link :http://quiz.geeksforgeeks.org/binary-heap/
This article is contributed by Saksham Raj Seth. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
Improved By : dpkg