The process consisted of a mass shortlisting with CGPA criteria of +8.5, followed by a coding test consisting of 2 coding questions, logical and aptitude MCQs, DS, OOPS in Java and OS. The MCQs were marked +5, -3.
Question 2: typical subarray question using maps, analogous question – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-sub-arrays-sum-divisible-k/
15 students were shortlisted after this round.
3 technical rounds were conducted and an HR round.
Technical Round 1:
Normalizations in DBMS – 1NF,2NF,3NF,4NF,5NF – examples with definitions
Difference between joins and nested queries in practical world
Queries in SQL – one simple and one nested query
Subset Sum – 0/1 knapsack problem – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/subset-sum-problem-dp-25/
Technincal Round 2 :
- Introduce yourself
- Queue using 2 stacks – they asked every possible approach and detailed dry run – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/queue-using-stacks/
- Compile time vs Run time polymorphism with examples
- Design banking system using OOPS,system design question, discussed loopholes for half an hour
- Interfaces, Inheritance in OOPS
- Virtual functions
- Pure Virtual functions
- Virtual Base Class
Technical Round 3:
- Both these codes were asked in depth, i was asked to code, compile and execute along with a detailed dry run.
- Virtual Pointers
- Smart, Auto, Weak Pointers
- Class vs Structure
- C vs C++
- Puzzle :https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-find-cat/#:~:text=A%20cat%20is%20hiding%20in,the%20cat%20is%20in%20there.
4 students were shortlisted for HR round
HR asked how was my day, made me comfortable.
- Introduce yourself
- Name of CEO
- Every non tech thing mentioned in my resume were seriously questioned, eg – top 2 skills learnt from this, name of novels you have read and lessons learnt
- Explain one of your academic project
- why you?
- your top 2 qualities?
- any questions for HR? definitely ask one
Only one student was selected.
Be confident, do explain your approach, keep communicating.
Know each and every word of your resume.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.