Below are the steps for Creating a Simple Android Application to Add Two Numbers
- STEP-1: First of all go to the xml file
- STEP-2: Now go to the text and write the code for adding 3 textview,2 textedit and Button and Assign ID to each component. Assign margin top, left, right for the location.
- STEP-3: Now, open up the activity java file.
- STEP-4: Declare few variables and the values entered in the Text Views can be read by using an id which we have set in the XML code above.
- STEP-5: Add the click listener to the Add button.
- STEP-6: When the Add button has been clicked, add the values and store it into the sum variable.
- STEP-7: To show the output in the result text view, set the sum in the textview.
Complete code of layout xml file and java file is given below.
After Complete layout xml file it will be shown as given below
Note: Similarly, Android App to subtract, multiply and divide numbers can be made by making minor changes in the Java and XML code.
- Android | Android Application File Structure
- Android | AdMob Interstitial Ads for Android Studio
- Android | AdMob Banner Ads for Android Studio
- Android | How to Request permissions in Android Application?
- Android | How to add Radio Buttons in an Android Application?
- Android | Starting with first app/android project
- Android | Running your first Android app
- iOS vs Android
- Android | 8.0 Oreo
- How to use CheckBox in Android
- How to use WebView in Android
- Android | RecyclerView
- Android | Creating a SeekBar
- Android | build.gradle
- Notifications in Android Oreo (8+)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vartika02