AMD Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
AMD stands for Advanced Micro Devices. AMD came to our campus in April 2021 to recruit interns for 9 months and the process was virtual. They asked for M.Tech (Computer science and VLSI and some electrical branch). We were a total of 750 students, and they just selected students by the basis of resume and provided the shortlisted of 40 students for the interview. Among 40 I was also a shortlisted candidate for the interview. They mailed with the Microsoft Teams link to join the meeting at 11:30 and the meeting lasts for 2 hours. Because two interviewers have interviewed me.
(My Project) – The questions were asked regarding my project.
- Tell me about yourself?
- Can you tell me what all layers you have used in the convolutional layers? (My Project)
- What is Max pooling layer? (My Project)
- Where does fully connected layer comes after convolutional layer or pooling layer? (My Project)
- Can you list some activation functions? (My project)
- What is the difference between sigmoid function and RELU function? (My Project)
- Can you tell in which programming language are you strong?
- Programming question
ptr = 5, n=5;
Does this code have any error while compiling if is it, so can you tell me what are the errors?
- I am giving a list [2,5,3,4,6,9,10] can you print the numbers present in the even number index of list using list comprehension?
- Can you write a recursive code for factorial of a number?
Meanwhile, The next interviewer joined the meeting and asked me to take a 5 min break and come and join the meeting. These are the conversation between the second interviewer.
Interview – 2
- Tell me about yourself?
- What was your inference from your project?
- What are your future works based on your project?
- Can you tell me linux command for checking the ram size?
- linux command to list file with their file size
- linux command to check the cpu usage
- Can you tell me in which programming language are you strong?
- How do you check the size of data type in C?
- Without using sizeof operator how do you find the size of the particular data type?
- A list is given [1,2,3,4,5] and output [1,4,9,16,25] you can use any programming language.
- Take the case above and get the same output using dictionary.
- Print 1 to 100 without using any loop write a C program.
- A string is given “MALAYALAM” and output should be “MALY” you can use any programming language.
- Without using dictionary how do you remove the duplicate items regarding the before question?
- Can you list storage classes in C.
- Using static can you write a C program to find the radius of the circle.
Unfortunately, I didn’t get selected they selected 23 students most of the students are from the electronic branch.
No worries failure is just a hurdle in the way to success. So try-hard. Don’t lose hope.
I will meet you on another blog.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!