AMD Interview Experience for Internship (On-Campus)
AMD came to our campus (virtually) for recruiting interns for 9 months to work on their projects. They shortlisted all the Dual Degree (BTech + MTech) Computer Science students and Electronics students. The 1st round was an interview on Microsoft Teams. I am from a Computer Science background.
- I was asked to first explain any project that I worked on.
- Then I was given a coding question, to insert a node at the middle of the linked list efficiently.
- Where is the pointer stored in memory?
- What is a thread? Difference between a thread and a process
- How do you make sure that the threads are behaving the way you want them to w.r.t. shared resources
- The pointer (used while coding the 1st problem) is allocated a virtual or physical address?
- What is virtual memory from your understanding?
- How is virtual memory managed?
- What happens when the system boots?
- Follow up on the prev question: What is a boot loader? What does it do?
- What is cache? Why do we need a cache?
- Address translation in virtual memory
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.