- Given a 2D matrix with elements 1 and 0, where 1 is land and 0 is water. Find the number of islands.
- Design a data structure which supports operations: insert, delete, find and findAny in constant time.
FACE TO FACE
- Given an array which can be either of the following:
Increasing then decreasing
Decreasing then increasing
- Find the pivot element.
- Find the first non-repeating character in a stream of integers.
- Explain the situation where you had tight deadlines. What did you do to meet the deadline?
Explain the situation where excess of work and you knew you could not meet the deadline. How did you manage then?
- Print tree in a vertical order.
- Minimum no of jumps to reach the end of array.
- Given rods with different costs, combine the rods in a way such that you get the minimum cost.
- When do we use which sort? Example of cases when merge sort is not used.
- Explain heapify function of heap sort. Then explain with code what happens when you remove one element(max/min) from the heap.
- Have you ever faced the situation when you did not meet the deadlines, but you thought you were good enough and were on the right track?
- Have you ever faced the situation when you had to struggle to meet the deadlines? How did you divide/make progress with the work?
Round 3 (Hiring Manager):
- Zigzag print of a binary tree.
- Rearrange a string such that no two same characters are adjacent to each other.
- Client calls server but gets delayed response. What could be multiple reasons? How could you improve upon them?
Round 4 (Hiring Manager):
- Can you explain the situation where you have pushed/written your code and your manager didn’t approve of it, but you thought you had written the right code? What did you do then?
- Have you been in a situation where you convinced your manager for something?
- There is a call/request which takes some extra time in replying. Why could it possibly be? How do you remove that?
- Explain caching. What happens when cache is full? Implement LRU cache. Write the code.
- How do you manage work with strict deadlines? If ever you faced such situations.
- What aspects do you have in your mind when you want to join amazon? What are your expectations out of it?
- If you are given some work, how do define and manage it.
- What will be your course of action if you are assigned some task which you don’t know at all?
Bar Raiser Round:
- Given an array of integers, replace every number with the next higher number to its right. If a number can’t be replaced, we leave it as-it is.
For example, the list: 5, 2, 1, 4, 6, 7 needs to be changed to 6, 4, 4, 6, 7, 7.
4 different approaches were discussed and codes were to be written.
- Why do you want to switch?
- Why amazon?
- Questions about current company, current project, team size, your roles and responsibilities, etc. were asked in almost all the rounds.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon SDE-1 Interview Experience | Amazon WOW-2020
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience (For Experience - 2.8 yrs) | SDE 1
- Amazon Interview Experience (SDE-1, 8 month experience, Refferal)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 189 (For SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 126 (For SDE-1)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 129 (For SDE 1 Off-Campus)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 132 (For SDE Intern)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 134 (Off-Campus for SDE)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 135 (On-Campus for SDE)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 136 (For SDE-T)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 137 (Assessment test for SDE)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 138 (For SDE 1)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 140 (Experienced for SDE)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 142 (Off-Campus for SDE-1)